Help the business of healthcare hum
If you’re a current or aspiring healthcare professional interested in the business side of healthcare, our Bachelor of Science in Health Administration may be for you. Our core curriculum delivers foundational knowledge in business communications, finance, regulations, technology and ethics. Curriculum also aligns with leading industry and academic associations — ensuring you’re getting current content in an industry that’s ever-changing.
Once your core courses are complete, you’ll focus on your healthcare interests by selecting an elective track in Health Administration, Lifespan Management, Retail Health Management or Health Information Systems.*
* The Health Information Systems elective track prepares you to sit for the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Certified Associate in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (CAHIMS) exam.
In the BS in Health Administration program, you’ll learn to:
- Apply management and leadership skills relevant to the changing healthcare industry
- Evaluate risk and quality management practices to help improve patient outcomes
- Address challenges and opportunities faced by health service administrators
- Communicate effectively across diverse healthcare environments
- Leverage data and technology to improve overall healthcare system performance
You can complete your degree in about four years, and you’ll take just one 5-week course at a time so you can balance work and life on the path to your degree.
HIMSS Approved Education Partner
Our BSHA meets the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society’s (HIMSS) rigorous standards for quality health IT or healthcare education and has been named an Approved Education Partner (AEP). This allows us to offer HIMSS-approved review courses and education programs that prepare you for advanced knowledge in health IT or healthcare.
We’ve also joined the HIMSS Academic Organizational Affiliate (AOA) program, which means we can offer our eligible students a complimentary HIMSS individual membership. The membership connects students with networking opportunities, career services, professional development opportunities and more.